- Is your child withdrawn, or acting out?
- Are you wondering what has happened to that delightful and curious child you held in your arms?
- Are you feeling helpless and frustrated in parenting?
- Have you used all the tricks "up your sleeve"?
- Do you wish to connect with your teen in a meaningful way?
- Do you wonder what happened to the present, and loving parent that you intended to be?
Parenting is the hardest and most important job you will ever have. I offer time and resources for you, the parent, to reflect, be heard, and explore new approaches.
An adolescent’s “problem” is letting others know that something in their life is out of sync and needs attention. A parent's willingness to invest in therapeutic support demonstrates to their child that they do not blame them, rather are open to looking at the big picture and making adjustments as a commitment and belief that balance can be restored.
I offer support tailored to the parents of 'tweens' (age 10-12) and teens (13-21). Adolescence can be one of the most exciting and challenging times of life. It is not a wonder, since a person's body and mind do not undergo this much change except as a infant/toddler and a teen! Both times of life may be exhausting and challenging for parents as well.
A parenting support session may involve creating proactive strategies to improve communication and relationships with your child, learning how to negotiate rules and set limits, and education about how to understand a teen's shifting emotions. I can also help to identify possible underlying causes of distress, and offer resources and recommendations.
We will work together to create a plan and approach to best fit your family's needs. Contact me to talk more about your options.
If you are looking for individual therapy for your child, read more here.