Therapy sessions are tailored to fit your unique needs. For children, this often involves a brief “check-in” with the parent at the beginning or end of the session, along with opportunities to talk, play, and engage in creative projects as a means for growth and understanding. Adults and teens may choose to use art, writing and other creative interventions, or work towards personal growth through talking. At times families meet together to learn to communicate more effectively, share thoughts in a supportive environment, practice skills together, and work on strengthening their relationships. Art therapy is a mental health profession that uses the creative process of art making to improve and enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of individuals of all ages.*
I specialize in helping people aged 10 - young adult:
- Feel less anxious & depressed
- Raise their self-esteem
- Explore & strengthen their identity
- Build more effective communication
- Learn skills to express feelings
- Build focus and attention
- Manage stress in healthy ways
- Explore feelings related to adoption
- Support people as they search for or reconnect with birth family
Follow these links to read more about parenting support, adoption support, and supervision services.
Information about fees and insurance can be found here.
Give me a call at 617-855-5749 or email me today to schedule a time to discuss how I can be most helpful to you.
*As described by the American Art Therapy Association.